Thursday, January 20, 2011

Happy snow day!

While I think of something to give you for extra credit, check this out:

http://www.touchtrigonometry.org/

It's a neat interactive thing showing the unit circle and the graphs of the six trig functions.


Either comment here or e-mail me to let me know you've seen this by 7 AM on Friday!  Otherwise, you will not receive bonus points.  Your answers are due when you walk in my room the next time I see you.


Option #1:  Write the equation for each graph.  One is cosine, one is sine.
(intervals are eq=\frac{\pi}{4} on the x-axis, 1 on the y-axis)

(intervals are 1 on both axes)

Option #2:  After class yesterday I was trying to find a video that I could post on the blog to show how to graph sine and cosine, but couldn't find one that I liked.  (I made a screencast instead, so check that out if you're having trouble!)   I'm asking you to do some searching for me - try to find a video online that discusses amplitude, period, horizontal (or phase) and vertical shift of sine and cosine and how to graph it.  If you can't find one, can you make one?

3 comments: